The Rhodes Global Scholarships is the oldest (first awarded in 1902) international scholarship programme, empowering outstanding young people from around the world
About the Rhodes Global Scholarships 2022
The Rhodes Scholarships is a fully funded, full time, postgraduate award which enables talented young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. Applying for the Scholarship is a challenge, but it is an experience which has helped generations of young people to succeed. The Rhodes Scholars come to the UK for two or more years and can apply to study most full-time postgraduate courses offered by Oxford University.
The Rhodes scholarship covers Oxford University course fees, as well as providing an annual stipend. The stipend is £17,310 per annum (£1,442.50 per month) from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation. Additionally, the Rhodes scholarships will cover the fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford and the fee for a student visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS). They also cover two economy class flights—to and from the UK—for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford for the scholars.
- Nationality/citizenship: You may only apply to the Global Scholarships if you are not eligible to apply via any existing Rhodes constituency. If you have a strong connection to one or more Rhodes constituency but do not meet their eligibility criteria you should also consider inter-jurisdictional consideration rather than the Global Scholarship
You must meet either of the below criteria:
- On 1 October 2022, you must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1998 and on or before 1 October 2004).OR (for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual)
- On 1 October 2022, you must not have reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1995) AND you have met or will meet the academic requirements for completing your first undergraduate degree on or after 1 October 2021*
- Academic achievement: You must have already completed, or will have completed by July 2023, an undergraduate degree (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with an academic background and grade that – at a minimum – meets or exceeds the specific entry requirements of your chosen full-time course at the University of Oxford.
Given the very intense international competition for places at the University of Oxford, candidates will have a greater chance of successful admission to Oxford if they have a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent or a GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher.
- English language:You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements(at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
- If unsuccessful in your first application to the Rhodes Scholarships, you may subsequently re-apply only once more (and this must be in the same constituency), subject to meeting the eligibility criteria
Deadline: 23:59 GMT, 1 August 2022
For how to apply for the 2022 Rhodes Global Scholarships, check the sponsoring organization’s website <<Here>>