About the Mastercard Foundation/ USIU-Africa Scholarship
United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants. By completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
The scholarship targets African youth who are either, Young Women, Refugees/ displaced Youth, Persons with Disability and Young Men with the following qualities;
• Academic talent
• Commitment to giving back to their communities
• Leadership potential
To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must;
- Be 29 years and below at the time of application
- Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the school of Pharmacy and Health sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the equivalent.
- Must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics; School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
Chandaria School of Business (CSB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology)
- Have proven record of leadership involvement and community give back engagement.
- Demonstrate socio-economic disadvantage
a. Interested applicants can download the application form the USIU-Africa website; https://www.usiu.ac.ke/mastercard-foundation-scholars-program. Application forms can also be picked from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program office at the School of
Graduate Studies, Research and Extension, 2nd floor.
b. Before filling in the application form, please read through all the instructions and required information.
c. Submit complete application together with other supporting documents required by email ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are scanned in PDF format. Clearly name while sending with your name and nationality as the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application at the Scholars Program Office, located in the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension building at USIUAfrica
DEADLINE: 16th September 2022
FOR MORE INFORMATION: visit the official announcement page