About the PaCeM-Afro Campus Ambassadors Program
The Patient Centered Care Movement Africa (PaCeM-Afro) was established by a group of healthcare students during the 34th Federation of African Medical Students’ Association (FAMSA) General Assembly with the ideology birthed from a presentation about Patient Centered Care (PCC) by Seed Global Health. PaCeM-Afro has regional offices at plot 31 Bukoto Crescent – Naguru, Kampala in Uganda and now supports 14 university chapters in 7 countries to champion student led activities on promotion and delivery of Patient centred care (PCC).
We aim to:
1. Equip healthcare professionals and students with knowledge and skills to deliver Patient centered care
2. Promote research and innovation in regards to PCC
3. Advocate for the promotion of PCC.
The mission of the movement is to support, empower, and inspire all healthcare students in improving their lives, education, and career, along with securing a better future for the profession through collaboration with other organizations.
The mandate of the University chapters will be to further advance the pcc objectives at the University level. They will introduce healthcare students to the concept of Patient Centered Care through creation of awareness and open discussions. They will also support the development and empowerment of healthcare students as leaders in the health profession and the community as a whole.
The mode of operation is that each chapter becomes semi-autonomous with an institutional based leadership mentored and facilitated by secretariat. The campus ambassador is the liaison between secretariat and chapter leadership as well as other country partners in steering PCC model in AfrInto
- Opportunity for mentorship and professional development.
- Valuable Network of Professionals
- Improve your research skills and Knowledge base
- Be a health professional student in good standing with university
- A letter of support faculty member to play an advisory role to the chapter
- Possession of a University/Institutional student Identity card
HOW TO APPLY for PaCeM-Afro Campus Ambassadors
Submit your 1 page CV & motivation letter, student ID card and faculty recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25th September, 2022
You may also find the following useful:
How to Write Outstanding Statement of Purpose (SOP) for Scholarships, Fellowships, and Internships
7 Tips to help you Land your dream Internship
5 Top Things You Should Include In Your Cover Letter