About Africa’s Voices Foundation (AVF)
Africa’s Voices Foundation (AVF) is a non-profit organisation, capitalising on interactive media and digital communications to curate and spark engaging discussions that convene citizens’ voices as evidence and elevate them to the level of decision-making. We equip development, humanitarian and governance organizations with unique capabilities to listen intelligently to the citizens they serve. Spun out of cutting-edge research at the University of Cambridge in 2014, we have an established presence in East Africa and beyond with a vibrant growing core team in Nairobi and Somalia. Our clients include Somalia Stability Fund (SSF), Swiss Development Corporation (SDC), UNICEF, the European Union, and MasterCard Foundation.
The Research Officer will provide support across the organisation with the overall programme and research design, management of thematic analysis and preparation of project reports. The incumbent will ensure data validation is conducted according to AVF standards and that meaningful statistical analysis and techniques are used to infer from the data collected.
SUMMARY OF KEY FUNCTIONS
Under the supervision of the Head of Research, the Research Officer will;
- Present thoroughly researched information for background/formative research; implementation of the projects; preparation of project documents’ drafts, work plans, progress reports, policy briefs, position papers, presentations and proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Compile the researched material in a systematic way and prepare background briefs/briefing notes as and when required.
- Provide effective support to management of the programme (and projects). Support overall programme and research design, Focus Group discussion guide, Communication plan, implementation of the gantt chart etc.
- Conduct relevant and timely research, interviews and focus group discussions.
- Develop research, monitoring and evaluation tools for assigned projects; including survey and questionnaire design and translation.
- In charge of creation, co-designing workshops and maintenance of Textit flow.
- Manage all thematic analysis and manual labelling of all local-language data
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis from the audience engagement both in terms of scheduling automated analysis and engagement.
- Develop analysis plans to inform regression analysis by statisticians. Support in conducting statistical analysis, including regressions and correlation analyses, on a complex dataset.
- Provide analytical support in interpreting findings and provide a report to the line manager.
- Develop monitoring tools for tracking impact, document and write success stories
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the programmes department.
- Excellent spoken and written English & Somali (Maxaa Tiri, Af Maay dialects).
- Efficiency in responding to emails and general queries and communication.
- Ability to share knowledge with the team and be a great team player.
- Ability to multitask and manage different activities at the same time.
- Accountable and holds high levels of Integrity to manage small budgets for participants
- Use of WhatsApp and other technology for sharing and receiving documents.
- Other duties as requested by the project team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Research Applications, Mathematics, Statistics & Economics, social sciences or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Demonstrated relevant working experience of at least three (3) years within international organisations, research institutes, government, or other relevant organisations;
- Proficiency in a statistics package such as SPSS, SAS, Matlab, or E-Views is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY for Research Officer Position at Africa’s Voices Foundation
- Please send your CV with referees to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Research
- Officer” in the subject of your email.
- It is mandatory to use the application form (Annex 1); cover letter is not required.
- Download Application form (Annexe 1); fill in and return by the application deadline.
- Not adhering to any mandatory requirements regarding this application will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Send your application in the format prescribed in Annex 1 and CV with referees to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5 pm EAT on 16th September 2022.
You may also find the following useful: