About the 6th African World Heritage Regional Youth Forum
The African World Heritage Regional Youth Forum places an emphasis on the youth perspective of the World Heritage Convention towards promoting and increasing African youth participation in the stewardship and promotion of World Heritage in Africa in a creative and innovative approach. It is a capacity building exercise focusing on Celebrating 50 Years of the 1972 World Heritage Convention and the African Youth in the Next 50: The Heritage We Want through African young professionals. Therefore, the African World Heritage Fund, UNESCO and ICCROM, are pleased to announce the call for Participants for the 6th African World Heritage Youth Forum, to be held from 10 to 15 October in the Dja Faunal Reserve, Cameroon.
- The costs for the forum participation (return airfare, accommodation, meals, local transportation) in the Republic of Cameroon will be covered by AWHF, ICCROM and the Ministry of Arts and Culture of Cameroon.
- Selected participants shall meet their own local costs in the country of origin, as well as visa application costs to enter the Republic of Cameroon.
- Twenty-five (25) young heritage champions from African countries (including 10 from Central Africa countries) will be selected for the forum. Applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
African citizen between the ages: 21 – 35;
• Minimum requirements: a post-secondary certified training and/or qualification;
• Fluency in French (being the working language of the Forum) and ability to communicate in at least one of the other four official languages of the African Union (English, Portuguese, Arabic and Swahili);
• Available for the entire duration of the Forum
- Experienced in the field of World Heritage; working on conservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities, along with other young people.
- Active on online media and digital platforms (social media e.g. Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc).
- Personal attributes: motivated, active and driven individuals interested in learning how to assess the viability, feasibility, and desirability of social business ideas while engaging in a World Heritage network of young Africans eager to implement the outcomes of the forum in their home countries.
Note: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
FORMAT OF THE FORUM
- The Forum will consist of interactive presentations from youth participants and experts from different fields (e.g. business, leadership, heritage, etc.) combined with hands-on activities, group discussions, workshops as well as guided visits to the Dja Faunal Reserve in Cameroon.
- A group of 10 young participants/resource persons will be selected to attend the subregional conference to be held in Yaoundé, Cameroon, from 17 to 19 October 2022 in the framework of the 50th Anniversary of the World Heritage Convention. Among criteria, the coordination team will consider individual commitment during the forum, past experience, leadership skill, geographical representation and gender aspects.
Application Procedure for the 6th African World Heritage Regional Youth Forum
Each applicant should submit the following application package:
- The completed application form;
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum);
- Motivational letter and
- One (1) minute video of your current engagement in World Heritage.
- The complete application package should be submitted at the latest on the 4 September 2022 (1pm GMT). Late applications will not be considered. Application form should be completed in word document (handwritten applications will not be accepted).
- For any queries, please contact Roxanne Skosana RoxanneS@dbsa.org with cc Info@awhf.net. Please note that applications sent directly to these emails will not be accepted, kindly submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Successful applicants will be informed by 23 September 2022 at the latest
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4 September 2022 (1pm GMT).
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Click Here
You may also find the following articles useful: