Table of Contents
About Green Africa Youth Organization
The Green Africa Youth Organization (GAYO) is a youth-led gender-balanced Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), actively delivering advocacy and solution-oriented projects for environmental sustainability and community development. Founded in 2014, GAYO is dedicated to raising awareness, educating and building the capacity of youth, as well as different stakeholders, to combat the socio- ecological injustices driving the ongoing global poly crisis spanning from climate, environment, health, economy, food and water.
Job Description: Grant Manager
Green Africa Youth Organization is seeking a Grants Manager to manage and support the implementation of its grants processing. This includes conducting due diligence on grantees, legal and regulatory compliance support for partners and grantees working with GAYO thematic Leads to award grants and support, and reporting on impact. The Grants Manager will lead the fundraising for emerging grantee needs and work closely with the rest of the team to enhance GAYO’ theory of change in building a youth-led climate and environment regrater in Africa.
Overall responsibilities of the Grants Manager will include optimizing the grant administration process, lead fundraising and manage partner/grantee relationships, preparing progress reports, ensuring compliance with grant regulations, managing grant databases, and preparing financial reports. Excellent skills and expertise in financial management and forecasting, strategic planning and communication will make the ideal candidate for this role.
Duties of the Grant Manager
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Thematic Leads and Finance team, the Grant Manager will;
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process and perform relevant research
to identify viable solutions;
- Directly involved in supporting grantees and partners with their work; and managing their relationship with GAYO;
- Perform due-diligence, support decision-making on grants, and fully responsible for administering awarded grants;
- Lead strategic budgeting, financial forecasting with partners and grantees, and other functions needed to ensure successful execution of grant process with support from the Finance team;
- Ensure compliance with legal and desired obligations as per national regulations across our geographic areas of work;
- Update the Funds’ grants administration manual and ensure compliance of grants with internal requirements.
Qualification & Experience
- Minimum of degree in related field;
- Strong understanding and prior experience in youth-led project planning and management;
- Prior experience working with or for youth-led organizations/informal groups in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Prior and proven track record in strategic planning and budgeting and financial management in a non-profit sector;
- Familiarity with non-profit legal and financial compliance processes across the region;
- Commitment to principles of meaningful youth engagement and youth leadership.
Terms and conditions
- The position will start once a suitable applicant is identified.
- 3-month probation period.
- Working hours: 40 per week (full time).
- Paid leave: 22 days.
- Working language: English.
- Starting monthly salary of GHS11,200.00
How to apply for the position of a grant manager at Green Africa Youth Organization
- Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Grant Manager’ as the subject line.
- Your application package should consist of: a one-page cover letter stating your interest in the role and highlighting your relevant experience(s) to the role and your CV merged into a single pdf. The document should not be more than 3 MB in size.
- Kindly submit your application no later than 18th August 2023. Please note that applications received after the deadline cannot be considered. All shortlisted applicants will undergo reference checks.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information click here