Table of Contents
About the GLF Nairobi 2023 Photo Competition
The Global Landscape Forum is thrilled to announce the launch of the GLF Nairobi 2023 Photo Competition. Whether you’re a professional or amateur, nature or urban photographer, the GLF will to see what’s happening in your local landscapes and some of the incredible solutions being implemented to preserve and protect them.
The GLF want to show the world images of positive steps being taken via the GLF Nairobi 2023 Photo Competition towards a healthier Earth, whether it’s land restoration, urban and rural generative farming, biodiversity conservation, or something else. It’s your call – so get your cameras ready and take us on this visual journey!
Entries will be accepted until 26 July. Finalists will be announced by the end of July, with winners announced late August. The best photos will be showcased at the GLF Nairobi 2023 Hybrid Conference and featured on the GLF’s Flickr account.
- The GLF Nairobi 2023 Photo Competition is open to anyone aged 18 or above, whether you’re a photo enthusiast or a professional photographer.
- By submitting your photo, you agree to follow the rules, terms and conditions of this competition.
- Photos that have previously won other photographic competitions will not be considered.
- Cash prizes of USD 400 (1st place), USD 300 (2nd place) and USD 200 (popular vote).
- A spread and interview in Landscape News.
- A showcase at the GLF Nairobi 2023 Hybrid Conference.
How to participate in the GLF Nairobi 2023 Photo Competition
- To participate, upload your photo here.
- Each photo constitutes a single entry.
- The uploaded file must include the photo’s title and the contributor’s name and the contact information, including email address, social media handles (if applicable) and a caption listing the subject and location.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by the GLF, who will shortlist up to 25 photos from all eligible submissions received during the competition period. Finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of theme (10%)
The GLF will publish the finalist entries on its online platforms. The panel of judges will choose the first and second prize winners from the finalist entries, while members of the public will be invited to vote online for their favorite entry. The entry with the most votes will receive the ‘popular vote’ award. The GLF team will ensure that the first prize, second prize and popular vote winners are all selected from different participants.
The GLF team will email all finalists in August and invite them to share a short video message about their photo and work. The best videos will be exhibited in our art gallery at GLF Nairobi 2023.