Overview: Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
The Commonwealth professional fellowships aim to provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector, and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces. Intended beneficiaries for the fellowship are Mid-career professionals (with five years’ relevant work experience) working in development-related organizations in low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries.
How to apply for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
Please note that all Commonwealth Professional Fellowships in the 2022/23 round are in the thematic area of Clean Energy, Air and Oceans. All applicants must be professionals working on related issues.
Applications for prospective Fellows are now open. Please click here to visit the online application system and submit your application. All fellowships in this round will be tenable for three months from 22nd February 2023
To be eligible for these Fellowships, prospective fellows must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowship programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Be in employment at the time of application at an organisation that they will return to upon completion of the Fellowship
- If nominated for a Professional Fellowship, prospective Fellows will be required to provide at least two references, (one of which must be from their current employer). Prospective Fellows will be contacted directly by the CSC if required to submit references. The Host organisation Fellows are applying to might also contact them to request a reference when considering their application
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Be available to start and complete their fellowship within prescribed dates
In addition to the above, prospective fellows must ensure they meet any eligibility criteria set out by each individual host organisation.
Host organization programmes
The Following Host organization are applicable:
For more information, click here