Table of Contents
About The Landscape Leadership Workshop 2023
Applying for a spot at the Landscape Leadership Workshop, is a transformative journey towards landscape leadership. Co-designed by the Global Landscapes Forum, the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) and the Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN), the Landscape Leadership Workshop will take place in Nairobi, Kenya, ahead of the GLF Nairobi 2023 Hybrid Conference: A New Vision for Earth.
This immersive experience will bring together like-minded students, young professionals, experts, and community-minded individuals from across Africa, creating a vibrant, cross-cultural community dedicated to driving impactful and transformative change.
The Landscape Leadership Workshop 2023 is aimed at:
- Supporting healthy and equitable landscapes for current and future generations, through practical landscape leadership: collaborative leadership that cares for people and their livelihoods, values ecosystems and facilitates action that goes beyond business as usual.
- The 2023 Landscape Leadership Workshop will be a hub of invaluable knowledge, skills, tools and insights on how you can become a landscape leader. The carefully curated sessions, interactive discussions and hands-on activities will encourage participants to navigate complex challenges, materialize visions rooted in the landscape approach and grounded by justice, and collaborate across sectors.
If you are:
- A student, young professional, expert or visionary (18–35 years old);
- And a citizen of an African country;
- And a passionate advocate for thriving peoples and landscapes;
What you stand to gain
Apart from participating in a focus discussion on Landscape Leadership , you are also eligible for a grant. CDKN, in partnership with the GLF and YIL, is launching a grant coupled with peer learning, mentoring and training opportunities to support the participation of underrepresented youth voices into global conversations and understanding of climate justice.
As part of the application for the Landscape Leadership Workshop, you can also apply to be considered for this grant.
If selected, you will receive $2,000 to work towards realising your vision of a just climate future.
In addition, you will form part of a cohort of young artivists, activists, community-minded individuals and change makers from the majority world (predominantly Africa and including fellows from Indonesia and Brazil).
Grantees will be encouraged to participate in a number of events, peer-learning, and training opportunities over a six-month period to grow and share their existing knowledge, expertise and learning amongst the cohort and more widely.
More information on the grant can be found here.
How to Apply for the Landscape Leadership Workshop 2023
There will be limited places at the workshop. To apply, please fill out the application form here on or before 10 August 2023.
Some tips for your application:
- The application will take about seven (7) minutes to complete.
- You will need to submit a 1-minute video for the application answering the question: How can we achieve climate justice for Africa’s communities, landscapes and seascapes?
- If you would like to be considered for the CDKN grant opportunity, don’t forget to complete the grant section of the application form. You will be required to submit a budget breakdown to a maximum of $2,000.
Deadline: 10 August 2023.