About the Chatham House Common Futures Conversations
Applications are open for young people to the Chatham House Common Futures Conversations. The Common Futures is an online community of young people from Africa and Europe who want to make government better. Join now to get your voice heard.
Most young people feel cut off from the leaders and governments who shape society. That’s why Chatham House created Common Futures Conversations. Their platform lets you speak directly online with presidents, prime ministers and other policy makers from Africa and Europe. It’s your chance to help them understand your views and tell them how they could do things better. Joining is a huge opportunity if you’re building a career in international affairs, diplomacy or government and want to gain experience.
Joining Common Futures gives you access to their online platform, which works like a social media site. It’s designed to let you:
- Develop policy solutions and pitch them to people in government;
- Connect with experts to discuss vital issues;
- Inform people in government about the challenges you face;
- Discover Chatham House research, and tell us what we could do better;
- Share your experiences with others from Africa and Europe.
Joining Common Futures gives you access to great career-building benefits:
- Contribute to articles and podcasts published on our website;
- Take part in our events;
- Learn about international affairs careers from Chatham House experts;
- Meet other young people from Africa and Europe who are interested in international affairs;
- Get your ideas heard by key people in African and European governments;
- Develop your writing, speaking and research skills.
- You must be aged 18-30;
- Based in a European or African country;
- Interested in developing real solutions to global challenges like climate change, inequality and security.
- You will also need a working knowledge of English.
- You do not have to have a degree or set experience to apply. They want to hear how you would help build a better world.
Application Deadline: Applications will close at 5pm on Tuesday, August 30, 2022.
N.B: You will be notified via email of the outcome of your application. It can take up to 6 weeks from the closing date for them to contact you.
For how to apply, click <<Here>>
>>>Also Read: How to Write Outstanding Statement of Purpose (SOP) for Scholarships, Fellowships, and Internships