Are you a remote worker looking for a warm and welcoming country to temporarily relocate to this season? Then you should apply for the Namibia Digital Nomad Visa.
Namibia officially known as the Republic of Namibia has recently joined the increasing throng of countries offering digital Nomad visas. This feat has made it the 1st country in the African continent to offer Digital Nomad visas to solely remote workers.
In this article, I will share with you all you need to know about the Namibia Digital Nomad Visa.
About the Digital Nomad Visa
The Digital Nomad visa allows remote workers to temporarily relocate to a foreign country of their choice (one that offers the digital nomad visa service). The visa provides immigrants with vast opportunities of experiencing the daily life of a new country, establish new contacts, explore tourist attractions and enjoy a better lifestyle at a fair price for a certain length of time(usually 6months – 2 years).
Please note: Namibia digital nomad visa is issued for a 6month period. The visa is strictly targeted at remote workers to create room for remote work, allowing study, and daily living and increasing Namibia’s tourism.
Why go for the Namibia Digital Nomad visa?
There are several reasons you should leverage on this opportunity and apply. This is because:
- The cost of the Namibia digital nomad visa is relatively cheap at $62 when compared to others.
- Namibia is good for leisure. Namibia is blessed with a beautiful landscape and tourist attractions that you would never get bored of exploring.
- Namibia is one of the African countries that promises a better lifestyle. You will realize that Namibia has reliable internet connectivity, admirable road infrastructure with excellent transportation options, political stability, accessible foreign embassies and a conducive climate to live in.
- It is also quite easy to apply for the Namibia Digital Nomad Visa, you can even access the programme and apply from your couch at home. All you need to do is complete the visa application form and submit it online at nomadvisa.nipdb.com , book your flight ticket, find accommodation and you are good to enter Namibia.
- Honestly applying for the Namibia Digital Nomad visa promises to be worth the effort and the visa fee of $62.
However, before applying for the Digital Nomad Visa certain requirements must be met.
Below are the requirements.
Remote workers applying for the digital nomad visa must:
- Be financially self-sufficient
- Present proof of income and funds(a 6 monthly bank statement, pay-slip or employment contract should work here).
- Have a monthly average income of $2000 and additional average income of $1000 and $500 per month for their spouse and accompanying child respectively.
- Applicants must have valid travel papers(documents) and health/travel insurance.
- Intending Namibian digital nomad visa applicants are also required to present a police clearance certificate from their country of origin.
- Applicants must complete the Digital nomad visa application forms and directly email the completed form to nomadvisa.nipdb.com
- Lastly, the applicant will be required to pay a visa fee of $62 upon arrival in Namibia.