Swami Vivekananda was an Hindu spiritual leader, author, philosopher and a reformer. Born on January, 1863, Swami played a key role in the introduction of Yoga to the Western world.
Here are 20 quotes from Swami Vivekananda on education.
Table of Contents
Top 20 Quotes of Swami Vivekananda on Education and Success
1. A fool may buy all the books in the world, and they will be in his library, but he will be able to read only those that he deserves to, and this deserving is produced by Karma.
2. Desire, ignorance, and inequality – this is the trinity of bondage.
3.Everything is easy when you are busy. But nothing is easy when you are lazy
4. Have faith in yourself – all power is in you. Even the poison of a snake is powerless, if you can firmly deny it.
5. Talk to yourself at least once in a day otherwise you may miss meeting an excellent person in this world
6. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life; dream of it; think of it; live on that idea. Let the brain, the body, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, and this is the way great spiritual giants are produced
7. Whatever you believe, that you will be, If you believe yourselves to be ages, ages you will be tomorrow. There is nothing to obstruct you.
8. If you think yourselves strong, strong you will be.
9. Each work has to pass through these stages – ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood.
10. Do not wait for anybody or anything. Do whatever you can, build your hope on none.
11. Learn everything that is good from others but bring it in, and in your own way absorb it; do not become others
12. Take risks in your life. If you win, you can lead, if you lose, you can guide
13. In a day, when you don’t come across any problems – you can be sure that you are travelling in the wrong path
14. We are what our thoughts have made us. So take care about what you think. Words are secondary, thoughts live and travel far
15. Don’t look back -forward infinite energy, infinite enthusiasm, infinite daring, and infinite patience – then alone can great deeds be accomplished
16. If superstitions enter, the brain is gone.
17. All power is within you. You can do anything and everything. Believe in that. Do not believe that you are weak; do not believe that you are half-crazy lunatics, as most of us do nowadays. Stand up and express the divinity within you
18. Have faith in yourselves, great convictions are the mothers of great deeds
19. Do one thing at a Time, and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.
20. The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.