The Research Development Fellowship scheme is OPEN for applications until 22 September 2022. The Fellowship is sponsored by the Africa Research Excellence Fund.
Table of Contents
Research Development Fellowships Programme Overview
Aim of the Programme:
- To support researchers in Africa who are emerging leaders and working on important challenges for human health, to develop their skills as a researcher.
- A three to nine-month placement at a leading research institution in the UK, Europe or Africa, with additional support at your home institution before and after the placement. Up to £40,000 available
Early career researchers.
- These are research active post-doctoral scientists and clinicians with higher qualifications who are nationals of and employed in Sub-Saharan Africa
How to apply for the Research Development Fellowship
- Complete the Application forms by clicking here.
- Upload the forms with supporting documents (using document upload section in PART A of the application form).
Part of the Supporting Document include:
- The Signature Sheet
- A letter of support from the Host Sponsor
- A letter of support from the Employing Sponsor
- Two chosen publications to demonstrate the applicant’s career history.
- An electronic copy of the applicant’s most recently attained degree certificate, usually the PhD certificate.
Deadline for submission of all application documents: 13.00 hours GMT on 22 September 2022
Successful applicants shall be contacted by end of March 2023; while the Fellowships can start between June 2023 and no later than December 2023. An Information Session will be held on 17 August 2022.
Things to Note
- It is essential that you discuss your plans for an AREF Fellowship in the context of your career development with appropriate leaders within your Employing Organization and Host Organization at an early stage. You need your sponsors and other senior people to agree and support your plans.
- AREF does not reimburse your Employing Organization for your salary while you are away on placement. We do, however, support reasonable accommodation, travel and training costs.
- Should you have any further questions that are not contained in information, please email Fellowships.AREF@aref-africa.org.uk by 12 September 2022.
For More Information, click here