The benefits of scholarship cannot be over emphasized, it is of great benefit to the beneficiary, benefactor and the society at large. A person, group or organization that choose to use their resources to help an indigent student attain a certain height in their educational pursuit have not just impacted the life of the student, his/her immediate family but their nation and the world at large. In this article, we are going to explore some International scholarship opportunities for African Students.
Here are International Scholarship Opportunities for African Students
International Scholarship Opportunities for African Students
VLIR UOS ICP Connect Scholarships for Master Program 2022 (Fully- Funded)
ICP Connect study programs are accredited international study programs organized at one or more Flemish Universities. The program focus on subjects aligned with the Agenda 2030 and Sustainable Development Goals principles. VLIR-UOS supports a selection of 15 ICPs and provides an annual intake of 10 new first year scholarships for each ICP.
Aims and benefits of the Scholarship
- Covers tuition fees, travel, insurance and living expenses
- The scholarship is for full duration of the Master’s programme(12/24 months).
Requirements and qualification
- Must be nationals of one of the 29 eligible countries
- Candidate’s age on January 1 of the year of intake must not be more than 35 for an initial master and 45 for advanced master.
- Candidate must not have previously be a beneficiary of Belgium scholarship.
Take a look at the selected Master’s programmes
United Nations Information Service’s 60th Graduate Study Programme 2022
The Graduate Study Programme (GSP) has brought together and trained several thousand young people from over 100 countries in all continents. This two week long summer seminar provides an opportunity for participants to deepen their understanding of the united Nations though first-hand observations, lectures, research, and visits to Geneva based institutions. To be held 4th July, 2022 to Friday 15th July 2022.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is necessary; knowledge of fluency is an added advantage.
- Applicants must be 22 and 32 years of age at the time of the application.
- Must be enrolled in a master’s degree, a post graduate degree or a doctorate programme at the time of application
- Proof of entrollment will be required
- Must not be employed, and must not have participated in previous GSP
How to Apply
- Application is done online- https://www.ungeneva.org/en/graduate-study-programme
- Deadline is Friday 11, March 2022
Scholarships For International Students: Taiwan Higher Education 2022-2023 (Undergraduate, Masters And PhD)
Aim and Benefits of Taiwan ICDF Scholarship
The Taiwan ICDF provides each scholarship recipient with a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance.
- Undergraduate Program (maximum four years): Each student receives NT$12,000 per month (NT$144,000 per year) as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
- Master’s Program (maximum two years): Each student receives NT$15,000 per month (NT$180,000 per year) as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
- PhD Program (maximum four years; four-year PhD programs start from 2012): Each students receives NT$17,000 per month (NT$204,000 per year) as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete an online application (found in Program Webpage link below). Then submit a signed, printed copy along with all other application documents to the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate (General)/ Representative Office/ Taiwan Technical Mission or project representative in their country.
- Please note that each applicant can only apply for one program at a time. The applicant also needs to submit a separate program application to his/her chosen universities.
- Deadline: March 15, 2022.
Romanian Government 2022-2023 Scholarships For Foreign Citizens (Undergraduate, Masters & PhD)
As an African if you are interested in studying in Romania, you can now apply for the Government of Romania scholarships for foreign citizens. It is a fully funded scholarship opportunity for outstanding students.
Aim and Benefits
The scholarship obtained, including the preparatory year where applicable, consists of:
- Financing tuition fees;
- Financing the accommodation expenses in the dormitories, through the budget of the Ministry of Education and Research, within the limit of the subsidy allocated for this purpose (accommodation will be provided to the extent of available places);
- Granting a monthly financial aid, as follows: the equivalent in lei of the amount of 65 EURO, for undergraduate students; the equivalent in lei of the amount of 75 EURO, for master and specialization students, the equivalent in lei of the amount of 85 EURO, for PhD students.
Requirements for Scholarship
The scholarships are open to citizens from non-EU countries. To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- Submit a complete file;
- Present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- Comply with the enrolment deadline;
- Have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last
graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- Comply with the application submission methodology.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified? Go to Romanian Government on scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro to apply
- The scholarship application can be sent ONLY through the Study in Romania platform. Candidates can access the platform at https://studyinromania.gov.ro, via the Apply for MFA scholarships button, or directly at https://scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro. The platform can be accessed in English.
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2022
University Of Sheffield 2022 Allan & Nesta Ferguson Masters Scholarships For Students In Developing Countries
Aim and Benefits
These are scholarships available to academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each scholarship offers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
- Applicants must hold an offer by 6 May 2022 for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in the 2022/23 academic year: International Development MA, Environmental Change and International Development MSc, International Development (Masters in Public Health) MPH, International Law and Global Justice LLM, International Political Economy MA, Global Journalism MA, International Public and Political Communication MA, Intercultural Communication MA
- Applicant must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- Applicant must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Scholarship is available only to full time students
- Application Deadline: May 6, 2022
- For more details, visit University of Sheffield website
Government Of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme (GOI-IES) 2022 For Study In Ireland (Bachelor, Masters, And Ph.D.)
Aim of the scholarship
- The aim of the 2022 GOI-IES scheme is to reflect Ireland’s engagement in target partner countries. The scheme is operated in the higher education sector and funded in partnership between the Government and the higher education institutions (HEIs).
- Scholarships will be branded as prestigious awards reflecting the core messages about Ireland as a center of international education. It is expected that for every scholarship winner, awareness of Ireland will be raised among many more potential students.
- The offer is open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and is applicable to all fields of study.
- Students who are successful will receive: A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study, it covers student cost and living expenses.
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
- The scholarship may be for:
– the final year of an undergraduate programme;
– one year of a taught master’s degree programme or;
– one year of a research programme (e.g. one year of a 2-year research masters or a 3-4-year PhD programme)..
➢ The HEI will be required to give a FULL fee waiver to the student for the scholarship year (i.e. tuition fee and registration charge are waived). This is the minimum matching funding requirement that institutions will be required to make to the scholarship scheme.
➢ It is expected that a total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships for the academic year 2022/2023.
➢ Possess excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
➢ Have Excellent communication skills;
➢ Extra curriculum activities (for example: humanitarian work; politics local, national, international; arts; sports);
➢ Possess strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES fits into their longer-term goals.
Click here APPLY
Application Deadline: 25 March 2022
University Of Canada West Scholarships 2022 For International Students
The University Canada West (UCW) entrance awards, scholarships and grants are available to new students applying for a UCW undergraduate or graduate program.
You can receive only ONE (1) award, scholarship or grant and one continuing student award if eligible. Review the conditions of each option carefully and supply ALL of the required supporting documentation for those scholarships, awards or grants for which you wish to be considered. A limited number of each award, scholarship or grant will be available each term.
Aim and Benefits
- The value of an award, scholarship or grant will not be more than the value of your tuition.
- The maximum award value for transfer students will be prorated based on the number of credits required to complete your degree.
These scholarships are open to both domestic and international students
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Canada West on www.ucanwest.ca to apply
The Domestic Scholarship Application form can be downloaded here ; while the International Scholarship Application form can be found here. For more details, click here
There are so many international scholarship opportunities for African Students which are not mentioned here, like the Chevening Scholarship and Commonwealth Scholarship, you have to keep pushing, have a diary, compile their list and keep, know their requirement and deadline and start preparing your application