Table of Contents
About the Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program
Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program prepares dedicated global citizens to pursue a career in international relief & development work. CRS empowers Fellows to hone their skills and gain practical field experience while contributing to impactful work. Each Fellow works alongside experienced CRS staff to address critical issues facing developing countries today. CRS invites applicants of diverse backgrounds who are committed to our agency mission and strategy to join our global team.
The Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program is a unique 12-month professional development opportunity, designed to prepare Fellows for success in a range of onward positions with CRS.
The Fellowship is centered upon skill building in the following four areas:
- Activity planning & implementation
- Monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning
- Resource/budget management
- Research, assessments, analysis
- Participatory design
- Results framework & theory of change
- Proposal development
SYSTEMS & OPERATIONS
- Supply chain and logistics
- Human Resources
- Finance & compliance
- Safety, security, risk mitigation
- Project planning
- Program implementation
- Capacity strengthening
- Reflection & assessment
- Graduate degree (Master’s level or higher) in relevant field (e.g. Sustainable Development, Global Affairs, Development Economics, Public Administration, Agriculture, Health, Business, Supply Chain)
- At least six months of work or volunteer experience in a developing country
- Must be able and willing to be based in locations with tropical and infectious diseases and limited access to medical facilities.
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional proficiency in a second language (preference given to major languages where CRS works e.g. French, Arabic)
Selection Process & Timeline
Applications will be accepted through November 01, 2023. The top candidates will be invited to complete a video interview, language test, phone screen and final interview. Please visit the FAQs for more information.
Due to the high volume of applications, candidates will only be contacted if and when they advance to the next stage of the selection process.
How to Apply for the Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program
There are three simple steps to apply:
Step 1: Prepare a cover letter
Please see CRS FAQs for requirements.
Step 2: Prepare your resume/CV
Step 3: Apply online
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
CRS is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Selection and hiring decisions are made without regard to sex, gender identity, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected area.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, due to a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email Recruitmentsupport@crs.org.
Click here to apply