ABOUT THE MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship
The Miracle Corners of the MCW Global Young Leaders Fellowship Programme 2023 is now accepting applications. The Young Leaders Fellowship Programme is a unique leadership opportunity available to all young people from all over the world between the ages of 18 and 26 who want to work on community projects related to economic security, health, and education.
Through leadership development, global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning, the one-year program equips young people to become change agents in their communities.
The Community Needs Assessment is the first step in the MCW Global Fellowship. For young people to better understand their local communities, a one-month community needs mapping. Young Leaders take part in a week-long intensive in-person training program that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities after the community needs assessment. Following the in-person training program, participants spend ten months implementing their action plans in their communities with the help of alumni mentors. From July 11 to July 19, 2023, New York, New York, and Burlington, Vermont, will serve as the locations for the Young Leaders Fellowship.
- International Economy Flights for international participants
- Domestic Economy flights for United States participants
- Housing from the evening of July 10 – July 20, 2023
- Three meals per day from July 11 – July 19, 2023
- Round Trip Travel from New York, New York to Burlington, Vermont
- Public Transportation to/from JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark Airports
Young leaders must:
- Demonstrate commitment to their community;
- Identify an issue in their community in the areas of education, health, or economic security;
- Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (June 1, 2023);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Commit to doing the Community Needs Assessment in June, attending the 10-day in-person program in July, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Have access to email and the internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Fellowship alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Adhere to Young Leaders Fellowship graduation guidelines (to be provided upon acceptance to the program);
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (and be able to provide proof) or in case of an exemption from this requirement due to a medical reason, contact MCW Global Leadership directly for further steps;
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 18, 2022
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, Click here
You may also find the following useful: