About the 2023 Standard Chartered Futuremakers Youth to Work Program
Youth to Work is the flagship employability programme under Futuremakers by Standard Chartered, the Bank’s global initiative to tackle inequality and promote greater economic inclusion for young people in local communities focusing on three pillars: Entrepreneurship, Employability and Education. The Standard Chartered Foundation (SCF) is the lead partner in delivering the global Futuremakers initiative.
The programme is delivered by our teams in Uganda, Zambia and Ghana and is designed to support exceptional young professionals and Small and Growing Businesses (SGBs), to drive positive change for young people and businesses alike.
The Youth to Work programme is a partnership between young people and private enterprises to support youth employability and it aims to demonstrate the dynamic contribution youth can make to economic development. The Youth to Work program seeks to recruit young and enthusiastic professionals looking for an opportunity to learn new business and consultancy skills and apply them in a real business environment, and contribute to the wider community.
- Equip you with key accredited business, consultancy and employability skills to overcome barriers to employment and/or entrepreneurship.
- Position you in Small and Growing Businesses where you will provide structured and targeted business development services to the enterprise.
- Provide you a platform where you will deliver training and share knowledge and expertise with hundreds of young people who will be entering the labour market in the years ahead.
- Give you access and exposure to potential employers and wider networks.
- Be between 21 to 30 years of age or 21 to 35 for persons with disabilities
- Have an understanding of business and finance for business, demonstrated through previous work experience and/or hold a relevant university degree
- Relevant work experience including previous internship, voluntary work etc.
- Good communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Interest in small business development, enterprises and entrepreneurship
- Ability to travel to training and placement
- Ability to commit to the placement full-time and 2 weeks pre-placement training
- Must be fluent in both verbal and written English
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, Click here
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 30, 2022
You may also find the following useful: