Table of Contents
About the World Bank Recruitment Drive for Africa 2022
The Western and Central Africa Region of the World Bank is looking for dedicated professionals with a passion for international development to join their innovative and diverse staff during the World Bank recruitment drive for Africa 2022. A career with the World Bank Group offers a unique opportunity to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems. The World Bank is opening over 30 new positions in their country offices in the Western and Central Africa Region.
The World bank is proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer, not discriminating based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. They offer competitive salaries and benefit packages. This World Bank recruitment drive builds on a similar drive last year.
In Western and Central Africa, the World Bank is a leading partner with a growing portfolio over 390 projects totaling more than $51 billion. We work in a variety of sectors, including agriculture, trade, transport, energy, education, health, water, and many more. We also work on tackling some of the major global challenges of our time, including climate change and global pandemics.
Are you ready to make an impact? Are you a development expert who is seeking new career challenges? Please apply online by October 12, 2022.
Employment Conditions and Benefits?
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan, medical, life and disability insurance and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Eligibility for the World Bank Recruitment Drive for Africa 2022
Can I apply? Yes, if you are:
- Interested in a local position in one of the offices of the Western and Central Africa region of the World Bank;
- Hold a Master’s and/or PhD Degree(s) with a minimum of 5-8 years of professionally relevant experience;
- A technical expert with development experience in the relevant areas;
- Fluent in oral and written English. French is also required for some positions.
Recruitment Process Timeline
- Timing of the Application Process: September 15 – October 12, 2022
- Close of the Application Process: October 12, 2022
- Join the Mission – World Bank Recruitment Drive for Africa Event: September 30, 2022
- Expected start date of new hires: December 2022 – February 2023
How to Apply for the World Bank Recruitment Drive for Africa 2022
To apply, visit the World Bank site HERE and click on the desired position.
You may also find the following articles useful: