The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) was established to build the institutional and operational capacity of civil society in West Africa, through knowledge management, capacity development and policy influencing.
The West Africa Civil Society Institute Job Opening
WACSI wishes to engage an Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Assistant to assist in the design and operationalization of monitoring and evaluation systems, tracking results and ensuring that the Institute is on course in achieving its strategic goals and targets. Under the guidance and the direct supervision of the Head, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer, the M&EL Assistant will provide operational support and ensure the efficient management and maintenance of data quality in the organization.
The candidate would primarily assist with data management systems, data analysis, indicator tracking and reporting, innovation, and digital resources to maximize learning and organizational growth.
The candidate should be results-oriented, have strong interpersonal skills, be willing to learn, have an excellent aptitude for technology, have a professional demeanor, and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree or similar with a minimum qualification in any Social Science discipline, Computer Science or related field.
- Assist in ensuring and maintaining strategic alignment and relevance of the monitoring, evaluation and learning processes to the Institute’s mandate.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities of the institute.
- Assist in design, planning and implementation of M&EL Unit workplan.
- Support in the design and development of relevant programmes and projects M&E frameworks and tools during planning and reporting.
- Assist in the management of the Institute’s enterprise solution platform for efficient access and reporting of data.
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of responsive and efficient data management tools and processes.
- Support in ensuring the maintenance of the quality of data.
- Assist in the selection, design and application of data collection tools, such as survey questionnaires, forms, templates, etc.
- Assist in the data collection, documentation and reporting of milestones at various stages of the implementation.
- Assist with timely data entry and regular updates of the institute’s databases.
- Assist in the review, analysis and reporting of data collected through dashboards and other presentations to generate timely and accurate insights for programming and decision-making.
- Assist with the collation of lessons learnt and feedback on programmes and operations.
- Assist in the design, planning and delivery of programmes, projects and activities, including training, events, technical support and coaching.
- Work with different teams and contribute to knowledge sharing and dissemination within the organisation;
- Any other duties that Supervisors may assign.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Entry-level job experience, particularly within civil society will be an added value
- Foundational knowledge and experience in maintaining and managing data and databases
- An analytical mindset with good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms.
- Basic knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Familiar with key concepts and tools like the Logical Framework (Logframe), Theory of Change, Results Frameworks, Key Performance Indicators
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write reports
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently or under supervision
- Basic computer literacy skills, with command over usual Office applications like Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent skills in the use of spreadsheets and analytical tools like MS Excel (knowledge of other data analysis applications will be an added advantage)
- Good knowledge of social media, graphic design and data reporting, and presentation tools
- Good knowledge of data collection and analysis software such as online survey tools (e.g.: SurveyMonkey), SPSS, Stata or any statistical tool will be an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of project management process and tools
- Ability to take initiative and lead self and others to achieve targets and meet deadlines
- Must be fluent in English
- Fluency in French will be an added advantage.
Deadline: July 31st, 2022.
For how to apply for job and other details check the sponsoring organization’s website <<Here>>