Table of Contents
About the Futurelect Southern Africa Public Leadership Programme
Projections by the United Nations show that the world population will hit 10 billion people by 2055. Africa will account for 57% of growth (1.4 billion people with almost 60% of the continent’s population under the age of 25.
This futuristic projection about Africa will make her continent the world’s youngest continent. Yet young people are continuously locked out of leadership opportunities in the public sector, and persistently face gatekeeping, bureaucracy, non-sensitive political appointments and barriers to the achievement of God giving their potential.
Applications for the 2022 Futurelect Southern Africa Public Leadership Programme are now open for interested young leaders to apply. Futurelect is here to support the development of strong, diverse networks of political and government leaders across the SADC region.
Benefit of the Programme
This programme will help participants to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of public purpose and personal narrative
- Understand the complexities and practicalities of a life in the public eye and how to navigate these Learn practical skills in the art of influence, persuasion and negotiation required for running election campaigns.
- Become equipped with the tools to enhance awareness and improve decision-making in the delivery of your mandate.
- Learn about the importance of managing a successful transition into public office
- Gain skills needed to be resilient amidst the challenges that may come with your public leadership journey.
How Long will the Futurelect Program Last?
The programme runs for 9 months. Our fellows are required to attend seven in-residence seminars which each take place over four days and three nights. Our seminar weekends usually start on Friday and end on Monday.
To be eligible for this programme, you must be:
- As a proven leader in your chosen profession, educational institution or in your community and society located within the Southern African Development Community (SADC).
- Aged between 18 and 45.
- Someone who is exploring if and/or how to run for elected political leadership or work in the public service.
- Only applicants from SADC Countries are Eligible to apply
How to apply
To apply, interested applicants should visits application portal here and fill out the Google Docs form. Provide all necessary information and documents required for application
Application Deadline for Futurelect Scholarship: 15th August 2022.