Table of Contents
About the African Union Online Capacity Building Training Program
The African Union Online Capacity Building Training Program is a fully funded training program, and an initiative of the African Union CIEFFA and ImpactHer which aims to provide gender-responsive and cutting-edge curricula that can enhance the skills and capacities of African people in the areas of STEAM, digital literacy, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship, as well as build the capacity of teachers to teach these subjects effectively. The training takes place under the theme, “#AfricaEducatesHer – Digital Skills for All: Bridging the Gender Gap in STEAM, Financial Literacy, and Entrepreneurship”
The pilot phase of the African Union Online Youth Capacity Building Training Program (OYCBT) ended in June 2023 and the next phase begins in August and will run till December. It is open to all who wish to upskill their capacities in Digital skills, Entrepreneurial skills, and financial literacy.
Format of the training:
The training is one-month intensive training programme featuring;
- Digital literacy – 2 weeks
- Entrepreneurship – 1 week
- financial literacy – 1 week
You can choose one or two of these courses to undergo. However, interested participants are strongly advised to apply for all three courses.
Benefits of African Union Online Capacity Building Training Program
- Gain knowledge in Digital Skills, Entrepreneurial Skills, and Financial Literacy.
- Get a Certificate for each program: Digital Skills, Entrepreneurial Skills, and Financial Literacy (participants need to attend at least 60% of the training courses per program to be eligible for certificates).
- Become part of African Union CIEFFA network and ImpactHER network.
- Increase your chances to be invited for fully-funded in-person activities by the African Union CIEFFA.
- Fully-funded online training and mentorship sponsored by ImpactHER
- Be of African descent (woman or man);
- Be able to demonstrate the motivation to learn about: digital skills, entrepreneurial skills, and financial literacy.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership abilities, aspirations, and a commitment to the promote girls and women’s education;
- Have access to good internet connection and a device (laptop, computer, smartphone, or tablet).
- Have a clear understanding of one of the training’s languages; English, French or Portuguese;
- Hold an African citizenship residing on the continent or anywhere in the world.
P.S. Please note that the participants will be divided into batches. Each batch will be run for a period of 1 month starting from August 2023.
If you have any questions or requirements, please reach out to: email@example.com
A certificate will be issued at the end of the training for each course successfully completed, at least 60%.
Application deadline: August 2023
NB: This course is fully funded and therefore requires no financial implications.