About African Investigative Journalism Conference Fellowships 2022
The African Investigative Journalism Conference (AIJC) offers a limited number of fellowships for participation in a three-day celebration of Africa’s investigative reporting. This year the conference will return to a face-to-face event in Johannesburg, Oct 31 – Nov 2 and will offer inspiring talks, engagement, networking and cutting-edge training in a range of skills. The conference will be in English and French. More information at www.aijc.africa
- Fellowships are open to journalists with a proven track record in investigative journalism who want to develop their skills and network with their colleagues.
- Fellows will be asked to produce at least one piece of content arising out of the conference.
- You will require a passport valid for a minimum of six months after the conference, and be available to travel from Sunday, Oct 30, to Wed / Thurs Nov 2 / 3 (depending on flight availability).
- The Fellowship will cover flights to Johannesburg, airport transfers, accommodation in single rooms, transport to and from the conference, meals and conference fees. It does not cover home-country transport, visa costs, personal in-country transport and hotel incidentals.
How to Apply
- To apply, you are required to fill an online form, you can fill it by clicking here
- Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2022.
- Special consideration will be given to those who submit a short video on what the conference means to them.
- All applications will be acknowledged on receipt and a final decision on places will be made by Monday, August 18, 2022.