Getting admitted to study a course of one’s choice at a federal university in Nigeria is often regarded as a great accomplishment by many, because of the intense and rigorous process of selection. However, the admission process can be made easier and also the likelihood of being selected can be increased with the use of the right solutions needed to satisfy the admission criteria for each course. This article aims to share a few tips on how to gain admission into University of Jos Faculty of Law.
Table of Contents
About University of Jos (UNIJOS) and UNIJOS Faculty of Law
The University of Jos popularly abbreviated as UNIJOS is a federal university in Nigeria that was established in 1975. UNIJOS is one of the top leading universities in Nigeria and its located in North Central Nigeria (Jos-Plateau state).
UNIJOS which has its motto as Discipline and Dedication has stayed true to its vision of successfully guiding the academic goals of thousands of Nigerian students who have further impacted the world positively.
Some of the famous people in the world whose academic journey can be traced to UNIJOS include; famous writer Helon Habila, Solomon Dalung-former Nigerian minister of youths and sports, Charity Angya- former Vice-chancellor of Benue State University and the respectable Yakubu Dogara who was the former speaker of Nigeria’s lower senate chambers-House of representatives.
- The Faculty of Law is one of the several faculties present in UNIJOS
- The faculty has two departments; the department of Law which treats the following academic subjects- Commercial law, Private law, International law and Jurisprudence, and public law and also the Department of Criminology and Security Studies.
- Studying law in the UNIJOS faculty of law requires a five-year commitment.
- You can apply to study law in UNIJOS faculty of law through a diploma in law but you would have to have a merit grade
- Also, the UNIJOS faculty of law considers two sittings of the O’level examination, unlike other universities that do not.
- Famous alumni of UNIJOS faculty of law include; Professor Etannibi Alemika who is the first female professor of law from Kogi state and Kayode Ajulo-a reputable lawyer, arbitrator and civil rights activist.
How To Gain Admission Into University of Jos Faculty Of Law
Read on to find out, how to gain admission into University of Jos Faculty of Law
- Application and registration is done through the recognized admission portal (JAMB/UTME)
- A cut-off mark of 180 and above during the UTME. Although acquiring a cutoff mark of 260 and above will place a student at the highest probability of being offered admission
- The right subject combination for law studies must be met in both O’levels and JAMB/UTME. The subjects are; Math or English language and any three arts or social science subjects
- Candidates applying to study law must be 16 years or above at the time of application.
Other requirements cover the direct entry process of application and they consider:
- At least 2 A ‘level passes in arts or social science subjects
- Diploma in law with a merit grade and four credit passes
- Also considers NCE/OND/ first degree(minimum of second class lower) in related law disciplines
Final Thoughts on How To Gain Admission Into University of Jos Faculty Of Law
Studying law at the UNIJOS Faculty of Law is going to be a great academic experience. The tuition fees are fair and affordable for the several skills its students are going to learn. Also, Unijos is a globally ranked academic institution, so what better place could be considered fitting to study law, if not there?