Table of Contents
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, they have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world. Just like many Andela Programs, Andela technical leadership program is intended to equip attendees with prerequisite software engineering skills to become world-class technologists
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers. For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
The Andela Technical Leadership Program
The digital revolution might have started in Silicon Valley, but its future will be written in Kigali and across Africa.
The Andela Technical Leadership Program is Andela Rwanda’s nine-month career accelerator program, in partnership with the Ministry of ICT & Innovation. The program aims at empowering Rwandan nationals with the prerequisite software engineering skills to become world-class technologists. It also blends technical learning with soft skills training, helping you to thrive in any work environment, especially when working with a distributed team.
If you successfully complete the 9-month Andela Technical Leadership Program, you will:
- Develop the technical and professional skills demanded by the global marketplace.
- Get access to Andela’s pool of technical mentors.
- Fast-track yourself to employability as a software engineer in the African tech ecosystem.
Through intensive learning, you’ll master the professional and technical skills you need to succeed as a software developer with the world’s top engineering teams.
Applicant should be:
- Rwandan Nationals.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Willing to commit at least 6 hours to this program per day/
- If you’re a university student, you must be in the final year of your education. University graduates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Have basic skills in HTML, CSS and JS.
- Able to communicate in English.
The Andela Technical Leadership Program Application Process
Stage 1: Online application
Fill out the application form on this page. To prepare for the upcoming technical assessment, please refer to the Curriculum
Stage 2: Selection assessments
Once you submit your application, in preparation for the technical assessment, please attempt this Qualified sample test to familiarize yourself with the test platform. The technical assessment is compulsory and will help to evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned.
You will receive an invitation to take the technical assessment on Qualified.
You will also be invited to complete English proficiency tests (both written and spoken) to determine your fluency.
Stage 3: Interviews
Successful applicants who have passed both assessments will be interviewed to determine their technical strength, communication skills and English fluency.
Phase 1: Core concepts
Phase 2: Team project
Those who successfully complete the 10-week boot camp will advance to a 14-week active development phase, where the following technical skills will be covered:
- PostgreSQL- An open-source SQL Database.
- Express JS – A fast, un opinionated, minimalist web framework for Node JS.
- Docker – An independent container platform that enables organizations to seamlessly build, run and share any application, anywhere.
Phase 3: Apprenticeship
The apprenticeship phase of the program takes 14 weeks and apprentices get to work on real-world products with active users and integrate into distributed teams with our partner companies, who have agreed to help our apprentices achieve the requisite experience they need.
Program Schedule, Cohort 30
- Application Deadline: November 17th, 2023
- Entry assessments and interview: November 17th, 2023 – December 8th, 2023
- Core concepts: 11th December, 2024 – 1st Mar, 2024
- Team project: 4th March, 2024 – 14th June, 2024
- Apprenticeship: 1st July, 2024 – 20th September, 2024
Please take this schedule into consideration before applying. You are also required to;
- Comply with the naming convention in the form of First Name and Last Name as requested in the application form.
- Use the same name and email address to reapply if you have applied to Andela in the past.
Click here to apply