Table of Contents
About the WAAW Foundation Scholarship
WAAW Foundation Scholarship offers $500 for need based undergraduate female African students admitted to a University, College, or institute of higher learning in Africa. WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.sc degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering, and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
Accepted Courses for WAAW Foundation Scholarship
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)-related courses at any African university;
- All fields of Engineering
- All computer science
- Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial chemistry, environmental sciences
- Medical courses; Pharmacy / Biomedical, Biochemistry, Zoology
- Agriculture, Geography, Statistics, etc.
Not Accepted Courses:
- Core medical courses like Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, etc
- Social Science courses
- Art courses.
How to Apply for WAAW Foundation Scholarship
Your application will include the following:
- The application form should be filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- A statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are vital criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essay questions should address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship to assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor to be emailed by your referee to us.
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University is to be emailed to email@example.com
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.
For further information, applicants should click HERE:
You may also find the following articles useful: